Thursday, March 11, 2021

2.02 All About It



Malcolm soon finds that being Jyoti's fiance changes things for him rapidly and dramatically. Despite the menacing words hidden behind her father's smile a few days ago, he now discovers he is being treated as if he had always been a part of the Sparrow family, which includes being ordered to drop whatever he was doing for the week so he could be whisked off to a faraway place for graduation celebrations (and/or an early wedding present- 'whatever would get him there' were Dustin's exact words). He was unable to refuse (and wouldn't dare stand up to her parents regardless), so instead of heading right into orientation at the Firehouse and working another full time day job and one part time at the diner on the weekends after graduation, he finds himself on soil most Asian, expected to relax and explore and enjoy himself.

He's also discovers that he has no idea how to do that, or if he deserves it.

“This one's mine,” Andrea announces as she looks over the board at the entrance to their home base hostel. She chooses a piece of paper that's too worn to read any of the words and grins at her husband.

Dustin passes a faint look over the blurred memo and nods slowly. “I was wondering why they'd bother leaving something for you in such an obvious place.”

“Nobody else is going to bother putting a note from a community bulletin board into alternating acid and acetone solutions to reveal the locations written in proteins or whatever underneath.”

Jyoti chimes in for the first time since they'd arrived. “I thought you were here to find a butterfly.”

“I am, but this is a nearly extinct species, so clearly my informant can't risk their involvement in my research becoming known.”

Jyoti rolls her eyes and shoots Malcolm a look.

Part of the Sparrow family, Malcolm wonders to himself, weighing the risks of keeping highly endangered bug secrets kept.

“What about yours, dad?”

He smiles. “I can pick anything, I just have to make sure my agent sends the crew to right place.”

“So you don't have to do anything too dangerous?”

“So I'll have better shots if I choose the most dangerous one.” He swipes a paper in red lettering with warnings in several languages on it. Liiike this one.”

“Dustin- you know this isn't something you can rehearse hundreds of times for two months beforehand and trick your way out of at the end.”

He waves his wife's concern away. “Pfft. It's China, what's the worst that could happen?”

“Did you seriously just ASK me that question?” Meghan's return prompts Jyo to take Malcolm off to the side.

“I don't think we'll be doing much with them for a while. What would you like to do?”


Jyoti discovers that Malcolm, though muscly enough to illicit immediate commitment from her the other day, is still woefully less athletic that she expects he needs to be in his new job as he neglects cardio. So vacation begins with sports. Because-why-not.

Nobody ends up finding out what Malcolm wanted to do because they all have their own plans for him.


Jet simply ignores everyone after that and breaks out his travel easel to capture things in a good light.


Apparently Dustin and Meghan's disagreement has come to blows.


Finally the young couple have time to discuss they way they plan on facing the future now that they know they'll be together. Malcolm is worried that being a firefighter will keep him from being able to spend enough time with her. Jyoti hasn't brought it up, but it is dangerous work- she's so used to her father risking his life just for the sake of others' entertainment, she explains- at least he would be working to save lives and not just get a rise out of people.


But... when put like that...

They decide that this time together should not be wasted- and nobody should be able to tell them how or when to get married. So rings are exchanged on the spot.



Malcolm makes the kiss slow and simmering, and when they break apart he whispers, “The only sight I want to see here is you. Let's go exploring in our hotel room and forget to leave to see a single clay soldier.”


They D'aww in tandem for a moment. Apparently (finally) on the same page with their feelings for each other.

“This is something I didn't think we'd get to be,” He admits. “The fact that you waited for me, even when it was so hard for you makes me grateful.”


“The fact that you kept working out makes me want to touch every muscle on your body right now.” She admits.

He thinks of all those hours she spends jogging, and his mind flashes back to her long toned legs, stretched out over his bed in relaxation that first night they spent at his dad's place. He almost lost himself in being with her then, in getting to kiss her, to touch her for the first time. It had been so difficult to hold back and do the right thing once she was willingly in his arms. The memory tugs at his mind. “When did you first realize...”


She interrupts him with a boop on the nose. “Shh. I'm daydreaming here. Unless you feel like making my dreams a reality.”

He takes her hand and kisses the back of it, happy for a change of topic. “As you wish.”


This is why Christian and I got the intimacy part out of the way already, Jet thinks, trying to ignore the embarrassing display next to him. 

I've been painting for 2 ½ hours already

“Can't you guys get a room and out of my daylight?”


So they do.

And probably don't leave it for the next twelve hours or so.


They can work out the details later.


Nice painting. I'm glad you worked all day on that.

Aaaand China is glitched. This is why we can't have nice things!


Little people/ midget sims when tho?



Yeah, yeah I know it's hot out. I'll get you out of here... but you just look so great that way!


Thus begins a 3x return to China and subsequent corruption of my game. I finally figure out a way to save it all, but you know, whatever happens here stays here, as the saying goes.




Dustin manages to get into fights with several locals this time around (I think he loses 2-1 on this).


Jet remains a dedicated to honing his craft, and not going anywhere at all really.









I would also like to know why Darla is here, slow dancing with you new husband.


Yes. Bye-bye. Let's leave on friendly terms, thanks.



The place is dingy, so it gets a remodel. Which I regret doing as nothing gets saved.




Breakfast together is nice.


Jet is tired of being dragged off wherever by his family. After this, he vows to just stay at home and write or paint there. Screw life experiences.



I'm not thinking this is an appropriate conversation for the whole family, so you'll just have to play it out in your head.



You only want one. Okay, I think we can do that. >_>;



Jet gets weird vibes from the author. Well he should be, I'm in a weird mood and nothing is sacred as this save probably won't be not-corrupted.



“Fine. Fine, I'll clean up the dishes as I'm the only one complaining about them. But this place is not fun.”

Dustin nods.


Malcolm, are you enjoying your vacation honey?

(Maybe he's confused about his wife wearing her nighties in the common room).


“Oh Hi dad. Didn't see you there.”

:D


“Am I feeling sick from all of the smells?”

“Yes. Yes you should probably go somewhere and have a nap.” Malcolm advises.


Bachelor Party in China!

...one of those times when they weren't married yet.


It's customary to party out of cans, here. 

Fresh fruit rots by the time it's carried up the thousands of stairs and into the facility. Probably.



Malcolm has no sense of style and I love it. Everything is likely second hand- although he's not frugal, he just is ignorant of things that don't matter to him.





“That's what you get for being so hot for my daughter!”

(or some other cringe-y pun).


The drinks are terrible, and I think Dustin actually threw this party for himself because I don't know what I'm doing.


Who cares when it's time for payback!




Any party with finger guns is a great party in my book.




Jyoti does not care about this.


Meghan does not care about this.



Well, it's alright.





Seems like the portrait of this vacation alright.



Yes, you're still cute. Shaddup.


(Why are we still here)



(Just to suffer ...every night)



(...even my fingers...)


(...won't stop hurting...)


(...you feel it too, don't you?)







Actually, science is probably why.




For some it's trials.







For some it's to see how far they can go before they burn out.






(Water taxi is an Uber, aparently.)




To search for every opportunity.



To eke out every bit of enjoyment.





To test everything and everyone.



(Yes, I'd like to buy a letter E, thank you for asking)


And so they enjoy themselves in one way or another as a new, bigger, family.



And stay for much longer than a week as originally planned.


“Don't you … kind of want to get back home sometime soon? We still haven't done anything about building a life together there.”




“Starlight? Sure, if you're sure that's where you want to be.”



She's too tired to hide her disdain for the place and somehow Malcolm finds that adorable. “We should probably get back and start living our lives in a meaningful way again.” He says noncommittally. 


She reminds him they can find meaning wherever they are in the moment.



And, new meanings can always be made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


They say that if you kiss your lover beneath the maw of the Dragon Cave you will have a long lasting relationship. That's probably a lie though.




We don't get to keep this painting... when it disappears I decide to paint every painting possible in the game (as many variants as I can of artistic, insane, virtuoso, computer whiz, neurotic, genius and can't stand art- I didn't mess with the grumpy/evil). I have a 40mb sims3 pack if anyone wants them. So that took a game year in an alt save. I really wanted to keep the one Jet made, though, so this was how I comforted myself.


This is the moment I was clued in to Darla's 'wanting to become more than a human' nature.



This was such a weird vacation.


 

Alright, who cares, time to zen back out.



3 comments:

  1. Nobody:

    Elementary School: Why don't you go to China and bring us back some relics?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dO Y0u WaNT tO TaLK tO sTRanGeRS In fRAnCe and rEpOrT bAck to sCHoOl?

      Delete
  2. Replaying one week of Sim time over and over is such a mood. Everything gets really hazy and you get to have your own groundhog's day moment of insanity. xD

    I love how Malcolm is part of the family so soon. No turning back now!

    The use of "why are we still here... just to suffer" really got me. Also the limo and boat taxi in China. xD

    ReplyDelete